Thursday, January 22, 2009

My issue today...

I'm supposed to be going out of state for the weekend, to visit old friends and celebrate a birthday (not mine). One would think this sounds great, no guys, no kids, just old friends drinking too much. Only problem, I drank alot when I lived there and could outlast most. That's been over a year ago.. I've pretty much slowed the drinking down to a drink here and there. I've tried to convey my concern of "wussing out" before the rest of the crowd does, but everyone's response.. "oh you'll be fine". Bullshit. I will not be fine. Sure, I'll last a while, but i'm not the friggin energizer bunny and i can't just keep going..going..going.. anymore..

So because of this dilemma, i'm a nervous wreck about going back. And add to that the fact that i haven't been there for well over 6 months. People change, and I damn well know I have. What if..what if..what if.. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO TURN OFF THE "WHAT-IF" BUTTON?

I am looking forward to it in a small way. Not like I used to though. So, this one has me wondering...will i make it through the weekend with the old crowd? Ahh.shit. I'll report with the outcome on Monday.

On the lighter side, work was way better yesterday. And hopefully today will go as well. Although I am quite tired already, slept on an air-mattress because the man thought he needed to paint the bedroom yesterday, instead of waiting to do it when I'm gone. So not fair. He wanted me to share in the joy. Men can be asses.

3 comments:

  1. Let us know how the quarters game goes and the beer pong. You SO know its happening !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just do what you feel comfortable doing and everything will work out. Your friends will be cool with it.

    I bounced over here from Vodka Mom's site.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's too late to offer advice, but one drink, one glass of water keep up the cycle and no one will know you're not drinking as much as they are! Hope you had fun! BTW came over from Malfunction Junction

    ReplyDelete